- Parents & Students
- Staff Resources
- Business Services
- Educational Services
- Specialized Student Services
- Permit Criteria
- Work Permits
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
- Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Williams Complaints
- High School Handbook
- 2017-2018 Registration
- Parent Rights
- Informal Dispute Resolution
- Parent Handbook
- Specialized Services Staff
- Educational Technology
- Health Services
- School Age Care
- LCAP and SARCs
- English Language Learners
- Computer Information Services
- Specialized Student Services
- Human Resources
- Board of Education
- What's Happening at BUSD
- Staff Directory
- LVSD Ed Foundation
- Support Resources
- Common Core
- Bonita Center For The Arts
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Bonita Unified School District. Volunteers are an integral part of the classroom and we encourage parents and community members to get involved.
New volunteers must complete the Volunteer Application and submit a current (within four years) TB clearance to the school.
Thank you again for supporting our schools!
Currently, Department of Justice fingerprint clearance is required if the reasons below apply to the level in which you will be volunteering at one of our sites. However, in the interest of enhancing student safety, the District intends to revise our current volunteer application and screening practice, which may include all volunteers having fingerprint clearance on file with our District.
At this time, Department of Justice fingerprint clearance is required if as a volunteer you:
- Assist students before or after the regular school day.
- Serve as an overnight chaperone.
- Help in a capacity where you are alone with students.
Have your fingerprints processed at a certified Live Scan facility. Click here to access the Live Scan form needed to take to the Live Scan facility. If you have fingerprints on file with BUSD you do not need to repeat the Live Scan process.
- I will sign in at the main office, immediately upon arrival.
- I will wear or show volunteer identification whenever required by the school to do so.
- I will use only adult bathroom facilities.
- I will never be alone with individual students who are not under the supervision of teachers or school authorities.
- I will not contact students outside of school hours without permission from the student's parents.
- I will not exchange telephone numbers, home addresses, e-mail addresses or any other home directory information with students for any purpose unless it is required as part of my role as a volunteer. I will exchange home directory information only with parental and administrative approval.
- I will maintain confidentiality outside of school and will share with teachers and/or school administrators any concerns that I may have related to student welfare and/or safety, i. e. bullying, harassment.
- I will not transport students without the written permission of parents or guardians or without the expressed permission of the school or district.
- I will not disclose, use, or disseminate student photographs or personal information about students, self, or others.
- I will notify the school principal if I am arrested for a misdemeanor or felony sex, drug or weapon related offense.
- I will only do what is in the best personal and educational interest of every child with whom I come in contact.
- I will follow all District policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- I will wear appropriate attire.