We are excited to announce the registration process for Transportation Services in the 2021/22 school year!
We are excited to announce the registration process for Transportation Services in the 2021/22 school year!title
Bus seats are limited due to space availability guidelines for transportation. Due to the limited number of spaces available for bus passes, bus pass registration will be determined by lottery based on bus seats available per bus per site, not on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The registration link will be emailed to Current Families. (Families who were registered bus riders in 2019-20 and 2020-21 are considered current.) The link emailed for current bus riders is not to be forwarded to other families.
- After the initial lottery is completed for current families, all others who wish to apply for a bus pass will have the opportunity to apply for a second lottery to fill additional available spots.
- Once bus seats have been filled through the lottery selection for the school year, bus seats will continually be filled throughout the year as they become available, using the waiting list from those who have completed the interest submission form.
Please read the important below before registering…
- Only register your child(ren) if they are in need of transportation next school year.
- Students must be enrolled in a BUSD school before they can apply to enter the lottery process for a bus pass.
- Please refer to the 2021-22 Fee Schedule on the Transportation page for tuition rates and fees. (Fee Schedule will be posted by July 12th)
- Registration for Current Families (Families who were registered bus riders in 2019-20 and 2020-21 are considered current.) Starts July 6th at 4:00pm and will close July 9th at 08:00 pm.
- Current Families will be notified via Aeries communication, if they have obtained an available seat on the bus lottery the week of July 21st, then asked to complete an application with payment. Bus passes will then be mailed out by August 9th.
- Registration for all others who wish to be included in the continual lottery process for bus passes, will begin July 26th at 8:00 am.
- 2021-22 School Year- Bus Pass Interest Survey
- Assigned seats will be given to every rider before they are able to ride on a route following Federal, State and local laws
- During loading, students will seat from the rear of the bus forward to prevent students from walking past each other
- Students will be routed and assigned a seat to prevent students from walking past one another. Morning runs should be routed so that a student's assigned seat coincides when they board the bus and afternoon runs should be boarded based on the order in which students will be dropped off. For example, students who get off first should board last and sit in the front
- Dispatcher will create the seating chart based on students routing and give assigned seating chart to the Driver assigned to complete the route.
- Per CDC guidelines, windows should be open to the greatest extent possible. Two windows on a bus should be opened fully at a minimum
- Drivers will avoid using systems with increased airflow across occupants (e.g., air conditioners or fans blowing overhead creating air currents of recirculated air across occupants)
- Drivers shall wear a face covering at all times when passengers are present
- Drivers may also wear a face shield while loading and unloading riders
- A face shield may not be worn while driving the school bus
- Passengers will be required to wear a face covering while loading, riding, and unloading
- Drivers will ensure that extra-unused face coverings are on their bus during their pre-trip inspections, for riders who may have inadvertently failed to bring one
Regular Cleaning Practices
- Buses are expected to be thoroughly cleaned daily by Drivers
- Drivers are provided cleaning materials, including but not limited to wipes and disposable gloves, to support cleaning of frequently touched surfaces during the day
- Clean and sanitize/disinfect all used areas of the vehicle at least daily
- Begin with sweeping/vacuuming the floor
- Clean and sanitize/disinfect all areas working top/bottom and back/front
- Frequent touch points such as seats, handrails, and window ledges may need to be cleaned and sanitized/disinfected between trips of different student groups.